feedback
  • en
    • en
    • hr
    • de
    • fr
    • it
    • pl
You are on: Find destination > Cultural Monuments > Church of St. Rocco

Church of St. Rocco

The church was built in the late 16th or early 17th century in honour of St. Rocco, a patron against the plague. The first mention of the church is found in a testament written in 1653, in which Franica, the wife of John the Senjanin, donates olive crops to nearby St. Rocco's "House of Worship". This modestly decorated church has two side windows and the bell tower in the form of a distaff. The church's interior is dominated by a gilded Baroque altar which dates back to the 18th cent. By the mid 20th century, the church was enclosed by walls which contained several fragments of pre-Romanesque stone engravings belonging to one of Biograd's medieval churches. The church is property of St. Rocco’s fraternity.


Biograd Photos
  • biograd images
  • biograd images
  • biograd images
  • biograd images
  • biograd images
  • biograd images
  • biograd images
  • biograd images
  • biograd images
Weather Forecast
weather icon 20°C
Humidity 64.1 %
Air pressure 1023 hPa
Visibility 10 km
Wind speed 14.8 kph
Contact info

Tourist Board of the City of Biograd na Moru

Put Solina 4
23210 Biograd na Moru
Tel. +385 (0)23 383 123, 385 382
Fax. +385 (0)23 383 123
E-mail: info@tzg-biograd.hr

Tourist Board of the City of Biograd na Moru htz logo Cookie Policy HTML5, CSS3, PHP by:  nove vibracije logo Nove vibracije